NEWS CenterLTG (Ret.) Kenneth Hunzeker Named A Recipient of USMA Distinguished Graduate Award
Friday, January 31, 2020
The West Point Association of Graduates announced the 2020 recipients of the Distinguished Graduate Award. We are excited to announce that among the five honorees is Thayer Faculty, LTG (Ret.) Kenneth Hunzeker, an exemplary leader of character. This award is given to graduates of the United States Military Academy at West Point whose character, distinguished service, and stature draw wholesome comparison to the qualities that West Point strives for, in keeping with it's motto "Duty, Honor, Country."
LTG (Ret.) Hunzeker '75 will be honored on May 19 at West Point alongside the four other 2020 recipients, Mr. Richard A. Nowak ’64, Mr. William H. Roedy Jr. ’70, LTC (Ret.) Andrew F. Krepinevich ’72, and GEN (Ret.) Curtis M. Scaparrotti ’78.
LTG Hunzeker is in good company with other Thayer faculty as prior award recipients:
- Paul "Buddy" Bucha, Medal of Honor recipient
- Ambassador & LTG (Ret.) Dell Dailey
- BG (Ret.) Pete Dawkins, Ph.D., Heiman Trophy winner
- LTG (Ret.) Franklin "Buster" Hagenbeck, Former Superintendent
- HON Bob McDonald, Retired CEO of Proctor & Gamble
- GEN Dennis Reimer, 33rd Chief of Staff of U.S. Army
- Fred Malek, One of Thayer's founders
- Bill Murdy. Chairman of Thayer
"Decision making is not what you decide, it is how you decide."
Colonel Heidi Graham, Ed.D.,(USA, Retired, George Washington University)